

For the past 2 weeks, I bet I have had 15 students
absent for 3 out of 4 days a week.....HUNTING.
I'm sure that I'm not the only teacher in Arkansas
with this problem. These students have DEER on the
brain. As you can see, my husband does too. So, how
do we teachers catch these students up? Really.
Christmas break is in 3 weeks, the students' minds are
already on vacation. How do we reel them back in? There
is so much pressure on EOC exams, but so much teaching
time is lost for many reasons. Are we really expected to
teach every student all of the frameworks. How do you
do this when there is NEVER a time that all students are
present. I know, we do the best we can and hope for the
best, then, when results come back around September
about the EOC, we will hear about it. Somehow, someway,
we must make sure that all students see and/or hear about
everything we have taught all year long. Boy, we have a
long road ahead of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment